Re: Licence handling: next steps

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 02:34:25PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> The first part is better support in the infrastructure. The current
> LICENSE variable is not flexible enough, because it only allows
> choosing one license for a package. I extended the variable to support
> AND and OR. The new syntax is: by default, all licenses in LICENSE are
> ANDed together, you can specify OR by using the pipe symbol ('|')
> without any spaces around.

I don't like this syntax. Can we please make it
(a) explicit
(b) support ()
(c) Spell them out instead of using weired symbols?

Given that we likely want to bump the required pkg_install, I am more
than willing to add corresponding evaluation support to pkg_admin.
It is needed for handling in pkg_add anyway.

Joerg