Re: Who maintains bootstrap-mk-files (mk-configure again)?

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:

> Maintainer of pkgtools/bootstrap-mk-files is set to
> pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org.@localhost If I understand correctly this means that
> there is no individual person who maintain it. Right?

No individual person, but Simon does maintain a tar ball of them.
http://www.crufty.net/ftp/pub/sjg/

> Another question. All sources for mk-files are in pkgsrc tree, and there
> is no external tarball having official versions and available for those
> who want to use these scripts without pkgsrc, just with bmake.
> Is this true?

I don't know of tarballs other than from URL above.

> The next question is what is the status of these mk-files?  Are they
> synced with NetBSD's /usr/share/mk files?

Last time I asked about this, it was planned for them to be the same. (So
yes.)

> And the last question is what is the goal of these scripts in pkgsrc?
> Are they ready for general purpose bmake-based development under
> non-NetBSD platforms? Or this is not a goal of it?

Some parts of the mk files are used for some individual packages that use
it for their builds.

I think for general purpose development is a goal.

> As some of you may already know I'm developing wip/mk-configure,
> lightweight replacement for GNU autoconf written in and for bmake
> created for general purpose non-NetBSD development. For further
> development of this project I have a plan to use either Simon Gerraty's
> mk-files or pkgsrc's version of mk-files because both of them can
> replace another autotools part, automake. I'm not sure which of them is
> better.  Any thoughts? (if this is offtopic, email me privately).

Use his mk tar ball. Try to integrate the improvements (either way) and
share them back so we only have one version (instead of two or three).

Your project sounds interesting.

  Jeremy C. Reed

echo 'EhZ[h ^jjf0%%h[[Zc[Z_W$d[j%Xeeai%ZW[ced#]dk#f[d]k_d%' | \