Re: Building MPlayer without runtime cpu detection

          I rely on the current behaviour - I set my 'ideal' CFLAGS in
          mk.conf and all packaged build with them (I build on a faster
          box than I run so autodetected CFLAGS would be a lose for me).

          I have no objections to a mplayer-compiletime-cpudetection or
          similar option...

This raises the issue of whether autodetection is ever ok by default.
With 10 seconds of thought, it seems like we should have some sort of
option perhaps 'cpudetection' that is by default unset but for various
packages will tune the code for the current CPU.  By default the package
should make code that will run on all processors within the processor
family that are supported by the target OS.