One patch per file ? (was Re: suggested pkglint change: error on missing comment for patch)

Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> we have one-patch-per-file as a rule - what about multiple unrelated
> patches to the same (set of) files? Duplicate the comments?

Did I miss something?
I thought the rule was "one patch file in pkgsrc per source file".
Otherwise there would have to be a way to specify the order different
(ie. unrelated) pkgsrc patches for the same file should be applied.

ciao
     Klaus