Re: Amusing warning from x11/xf86-input-void

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 09:13:35PM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
> I was watching the output from a pkgsrc modular-x set of builds
> scroll past when I saw this ...
>
> WARNING: *** Please consider adding fortran to USE_LANGUAGES in the package
> Makefile.
>
> (It also suggests c++ but that's much less amusing).
>
> This was from (as the subject suggests) xf86-input-void, and
> appears as the very last output of the configuring stage, under
> => Modifying libtool scripts to use pkgsrc libtool
>
> just before
>
> ===> Building for xf86-input-void-1.1.1nb1
>
> The same request (to use fortran) appears from several of the
> other xf86-* packages (maybe all of them, I didn't look that
> closely, it is a lot of output...).   How something is deciding
> that fortran could be even remotely useful when building the
> X server and its components I have no idea, but it is kind of
> amusing to imagine it.

It's just autoconf always adding a test for the presence of fortran.
pkgsrc adds scripts for all known languages so that we can catch a
mistake in what a package uses.

That's why the message says "please consider" and not "you must".

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost