Re: Defaulting to openmotif on some platforms is illegal

I was a little surprised that openmotif was chosen by default at all.
Because it is the default, anyone trying to install a package that
uses Motif will be confronted only with a scary licence warning,
without any mention of a free alternative.  On some platforms
accepting the non-free licence is illegal, but whether or not it is
illegal (which should probably be mentioned in the licence warning),
it would be nice either for the default not to require agreement to
non-free licences, or at least for the message to say that one can
choose a different Motif implementation rather than agree to a
non-free licence.

(I am not subscribed to this list, so please cc me in replies.)