Re: Loosing mandatory DISTNAME

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 06:36:12PM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
>  * DISTNAME is the basename of the distribution file to be downloaded from the
>    package's website.
>
> And in fact, some packages don't require distribution file.
> Then mandatory DISTNAME is wrong.
> And when no distribution file, define package name with DISTNAME look odd.
> I'm bothered by a feeling of strangeness...

Heh. I guess I just haven't read the guide for too long to bother about
that. I would have prefered if DISTNAME would have been derived from
PKGNAME and not the other way around, but that can't be changed without
a lot of work and isn't worth the trouble. If you keep that in mind, the
oddness is understandable.

Joerg