Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/mk

Alan Barrett <apb%cequrux.com@localhost> writes:

> On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, Eric Gillespie wrote:
> > Ah!  It didn't occur to me that it might be related to some
> > setting in my mk.conf.  I use
> >
> >   SU_CMD=sudo -H -u root sh -c
>
> Perhaps you also need the -E flag and/or some settings in the sudooers
> config file to make sudo preserve the environment?

Well, my first response is: Why should I need that now?  Was this
new need announced?  Second, despite being documented in the man
page, my sudo does not support that option:

1 bzip2% sudo grep -i env /etc/sudoers
Defaults        env_reset
0 bzip2% sudo -E sh -c 'echo $PATH'
sudo: illegal option `-E'
usage: sudo -K | -L | -V | -h | -k | -l | -v
usage: sudo [-HPSb] [-p prompt] [-u username|#uid]
            { -e file [...] | -i | -s | <command> }

But, more importantly, that won't help without also changing that
PATH setting.  Yet, as I said, it's been that way since July
2006, so it seems that shouldn't be the problem, either.

--
Eric Gillespie <*> epg%pretzelnet.org@localhost