Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/mk

Tobias Nygren writes:

> I assume you don't mean broken in the general sense, but rather broken
> only if using SU_CMD. What is SU_CMD set to in your mk.conf? Does it
> break with the same SU_CMD on NetBSD?

Ah!  It didn't occur to me that it might be related to some
setting in my mk.conf.  I use

  SU_CMD=sudo -H -u root sh -c

I removed that line (so using su) and the ${LIBTOOL} problem goes
away.  The problem of packages saying just 'pax', does not go
away; I still need to change $${PATH} to ${PATH} to fix that.

> This is interesting as it may provide a hint to what the underlying
> problem is. I am not aware of any other platforms being generally
> broken in this manner.

Well, now that you've pointed out the obvious, I'm not sure the
problem doesn't exist on NetBSD, too.  I haven't had a NetBSD
system to test on in quite some time, though.

--
Eric Gillespie <*> epg%pretzelnet.org@localhost