Re: how to upgrade a whole machine ...

At 17:55 Uhr +0200 07.05.2008, Dieter Baron wrote:
In article <p06240802c4477d725823@[130.83.118.66]> Hauke wrote:
: It seems to me that pkgsrc is really more of a research thing than
: anything that eventually will converge to a simple, powerful tool.

  Thank you for dismissing all the hard work various people put into
pkgsrc to get there, and for your lack of faith in our efforts.

While sloppily worded, "research thing" is not a slur. So I feel you are taking my impressions (and that's all I wrote about) the wrong way.

In many fields, pkgsrc has come a long, long way. But three half-finished bulk build schemes, and half a dozen convoluted recipes presented each time the issue "update of a pkgsrc installation" comes up, do show there's something missing still.

I wholeheartedly subscribe to Herb's