Re: -nox11, -x11, -qt, -tty, etc.

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 01:49:25PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> That sounds like good incremental progress, and I think you should go
> ahead and do it.  Perhaps the ultimate solution will be something that
> feels like a config file with lines like:
>
>   build foo with option bar, call it foo-bar
>
> instead of the whole Makefile.

I said it a long time ago, but for binary packages the following
approach can be used with pbulk easily:

PKG_OPTION_SETS= set1 set2

PKG_OPTIONS_SET.set1= foo -bar
PKGNAME_EXT.set1=
PKG_OPTIONS_SET.set2= bar
PKGNAME_EXT.set2=       bar

and a corresponding entry in mk/pbulk + magic to include PKGNAME_EXT in
the right place.

Joerg