Re: DESTDIR=full?

> On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 05:53:33PM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
 >>   5.3. Variables affecting the installation process
 >>
 >>   * Full DESTDIR support can run the complete build, installation and
 >> !                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
 >>     packaging as normal user. Root privileges are only needed to add
 >>     packages.
 >>
 >> So, I asked my question because not everything was clear enough for
 >> me. Now I see, the level of DESTDIR support that I need and whould
 >> like to call REALLY FULL "was not the goal".  No problem, but fix the
 >> documentation.

> *installation* is a phase of the pkgsrc build.

All this is described in the documenattion and know this very well.
I see you really think I'm idiot.

Ok, especially for *genius* NetBSD developer I repeat once again (last one!).

1) *installation* is a phase of the pkgsrc build
2) 5.3

   * Full DESTDIR support can run the complete build, installation and
!                                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    packaging as normal user.
    Root privileges are only needed to add packages.
!   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

   This pacragraph needs to be improved

3) 5.3

   ...or USE_DESTDIR=full to get the full support with fallback to basic
   support.

   It's now clear what does 'fallback to basic support' mean.
4) PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT is not described in pkgsrc.txt at all.
5) make help topic=destdir
  # USE_DESTDIR
  #         This is not supported for actual installation yet, due to
  #         short comings of pkg_create. [FIXME]
  # PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT
  #       * "destdir" means that some of the installed files need special
  #         ownership or permissions. The installation is done by the
  #         privileged user.

I just asked you/somebody to update/fix pkgsrc.txt and
to FULLY describe what DESTDIR support really is.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.