Re: DESTDIR=full?

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 05:53:33PM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
>   5.3. Variables affecting the installation process
>
>   * Full DESTDIR support can run the complete build, installation and
> !                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>     packaging as normal user. Root privileges are only needed to add
>     packages.
>
> So, I asked my question because not everything was clear enough for
> me. Now I see, the level of DESTDIR support that I need and whould
> like to call REALLY FULL "was not the goal".  No problem, but fix the
> documentation.

*installation* is a phase of the pkgsrc build.

extract
patch
build
install
package

When using DESTDIR this changes to:
extract
patch
build
install
package
package-install

For USE_DESTDIR=yes, install, package and package-install are run
privileged. for USE_DESTDIR=full, only package-install needs that.
Which is exactly what is written in the quoten part of the pkgsrc guide.

Joerg