Re: What's up with audit-packages?

Adrian Portelli wrote:-

> Neil Booth wrote:
>> I've have two audit-packages on my system; on in /usr/sbin and one
>> in /usr/pkg/sbin.
>>
>> For some time now they've been giving different, disjoint (!) answers:
>
> They shouldn't (but could be) looking at different pkg-vulnerabilities
> files.  Could I have the output from /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_info -V and
> /usr/sbin/pkg_info -V.
>
> You also shouldn't be getting that 'WARNING: No Unknown option -Q' message
> as that means the pkgsrc infrastructure is looking at the wrong
> audit-packages binary.  How up to date are your pkgsrc sources ?  I'm
> assuming you don't have the old audit-packages package installed either -
> could you check this ?
>
> In any case you should only need to use one audit-packages tool.

$ /usr/sbin/pkg_info -V
20080223

There is no /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_info and that /usr/pkg/sbin/audit-packages
doesn't support the -V option.

I've removed the old audit-packages package as it is older and
presumably obsolete.  It still concerns me that it finds
"vulnerabilities" the other didn't.

Having removed the old package the -Q option complaint disappears too.

Neil.