Re: PRIVILEGED_STAGES (was: CVS commit: pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkglint/files)

Bernd Ernesti wrote:

> Does this mean that I can no longer build a package in the future from source
> and install it, without creating a binary package, which I don't need?

At least the default will change to DESTDIR installation. Whether the
current way ("install directly to the live system") will take second
place or even get removed entirely I do not know.

Personally, I do not see why you would be so opposed to DESTDIR
installation. What's the disadvantage for you?

ciao
     Klaus