Re: Support for 240/4 and 0/8 addresses in NetBSD

>>> Since the localhost network has always had an explicit /8 netmask
>>> and was never defined as a class A network,

Well.  Sort of.

By definition (of class A), any (v4) address whose first octet is 127
is within class A.

So, for as long as there have been classes and as long as localhost has
been 127.x.x.x (I don't know which happened first), localhost has been
class A.  Whether the definition of it calls it out as such or not.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign