Re: Support for 240/4 and 0/8 addresses in NetBSD

On Mon, Jun 12, 2023 at 10:25:27AM -0400, Mouse wrote:
> > I think that is what we are landing on; there have been several
> > comments (including me) that we shouldn't change given the lack of
> > standardization, and I haven't seen any in favor of just changing.
>
> Depending on your opinion of me, it may be a reason to change or a
> reason to not change, but I'm in favour of just changing.

Me too. A sysctl is slightly expensive (at various scales) and IMHO
simply not needed here. A kernel config option to restore the old
behaviour would be OK, but I'd like to avoid that too.

I have never seen IN_EXPERIMENTAL used anywhere and (on a tangent) I am
actually suprised that we still have code using IN_CLASS* in tree (but
too lazy to actually check the code and see if its hidden behind some
#ifdef that is off for our usual builds).

Martin