Re: nd6_free assumes all routers are processed by kernel RA

    Date:        Sun, 25 Aug 2019 22:53:40 +0100
    From:        Roy Marples <roy%marples.name@localhost>

  | I'll reply anyway.

Thanks, still another 90 mins or so before I can test...

  | The test is for any valid non LL address.

Great.

  | By valid, that currently means not tentative, duplicated nor detached.
  | Although I am considering relaxing that to not duplicated.

I think I'd just drop tentative - duplicated addresses are clearly bad
(I'm not exactly sure why such a thing is even allowed to remain, rather
than just being dropped, but that's unimportant) and detached addrs are no
different really than addrs that don't exist (at least for a time).

tentative though I believe are real addresses - slightly dangerous to use
as they may turn out to be duplicated, but the chances of that are small
(I don't think I have ever seen a non-specifically-manufactured duplicated
v6 address) so it normally is perfectly OK to treat a tentative addr as if
it were not one (which is also why some people believe that not running DaD
at all is acceptable - I am not one of those).

kre

ps: the default route that I deleted after running the test the other day
still has not returned, so before I shut down the current (older) dhcpcd
I'll try running it with -n to see if that does bring it back.   Then
assuming it does, I will delete it again before starting the new one.