Re: Slow transmission with Marvell SKnet

On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 05:39:46PM -0000, Michael van Elst wrote:

> Disabling certain speeds from autoneg is a fringe case compared to that,
> but we should support it too. But lets not trade one for the other.

That "fringe case" is the default behavior of Windows, OS X, Linux,
most FreeBSD drivers, and current versions of most router operating
systems.  If you want our broken behavior of *implicitly* disabling
autoneg when the user asks for a specific speed/duplex (disabling
the others) you have to ask for it -- if it's supported at all.

Our default behavior of disabling autoneg when the user requests
a particular mode differs from nearly all others and interoperates
poorly (to say the least).

Thor