Re: Slow transmission with Marvell SKnet

tls%panix.com@localhost (Thor Lancelot Simon) writes:

>What we should do is what everyone else does: leave autoneg enabled, but
>advertise, and accept, only the single mode the user asked for.  Then it
>would work how you expect and there would be, in particular, no duplex
>mismatch between the two sides of the link, which is what caused your
>problem.

You cannot mix fixed speed and autoneg. That's why you need to be able
to configure fixed speeds to be able to talk to old gear that doesn't
support autoneg (or not correctly).

Disabling certain speeds from autoneg is a fringe case compared to that,
but we should support it too. But lets not trade one for the other.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost