Re: Slow transmission with Marvell SKnet

Frank Wille <frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost> wrote:
>Robert Swindells wrote:
>
>> Sounds to me like a PHY negotiation problem on the other end of the
>> link.
>>
>> Have you tried testing with a crossover cable between the test machines
>> and no switch ?
>
>Did that now with two test machines:
>
>1. iBook G4, Apple GMac, gem(4)
>Send to: 10 KiB/s
>Receive from: 5500 KiB/s
>
>2. Pentium IV 3GHz, Realtek 8139, rtk(4)
>Send to: 10 KiB/s
>Receive from: 5800 KiB/s

Ok.

>Does that mean we can exclude a problem with PHY negotiation?

No.

Next, look at ifconfig(8) and netstat -i status for the two test
machines.

Then try explicitly setting 100baseTX and full duplex for the test
machines.

What is the output of:

# ifconfig -m sk0

You could also try running the sk0 as autoselect, both with the test
machines and the switch.