Re: pppd's defaultroute option

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 03:50:38PM -0400, Michael Richardson wrote:
> In IPv6, you would essentially always do an interface route like this.
> So it's hard to think of what "defaultroute6" would do for you, that having:
>
>    #!/bin/sh
>    route add -interface -net default $1
>
> in /etc/ppp/ip-up won't do.

"not maintain yet another config file, which is global by nature and might
 not even apply to all peers I speak PPP with"?

There's reason why ppp has arguments that apply to *this* connection...

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert%greenie.muc.de@localhost
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert%net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de@localhost