Re: pppd's defaultroute option

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 11:26:00AM -0400, Mouse wrote:
> > (And please refer to the RFC that says Having A Default-Route Option
> > In PPPD Is Totally Frowned Upon).
>
> Which one is that?  I don't recall seeing such a thing, so it's not one
> of the RFCs I know (a tiny fraction of the whole list), and I'd be
> interested to read any rationale its authors may have included.  (I
> don't see anything wrong with such an option, but I've missed enough
> things that I'd like to at least consider any such arguments.)

That was directed at MCR, and there is no such RFC - so I consider all
statements like "The IPv6 Architects have decided that PPP should not
have a defaultroute6 option" to be a bit unfounded.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert%greenie.muc.de@localhost
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert%net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de@localhost