Re: IPv6 Stable Private Addresses RFC 7217

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
    >> The question of which address shoud be used for outgoing connections is
    >> really the question that we are discussing.

    > Is it? Not for me at least. I am perfectly fine with using a temporary
    > address (i.e., PE) for the outgoing connections unless requested
    > differently by a program (think Postfix). I do care about loosing
    > connectivity to a machine just because I have updated it.

Well, I'm saying that we should err on the side of maintaining connectivity.
To me, there is no question there.  The question is what address to prefer.
SMTP (Postfix), as you noted, really wants to a stable address which is
in reverse DNS.

]     mcr%sandelman.ca@localhost  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on
rails    [