Re: IPv6 task list

Lloyd Parkes wrote:
>On 29/10/2013, at 6:56 am, Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> wrote:
>
>>> The bridge sends the multicast NDP packets down rtk0 towards layer 1, but
>>> no$
>>
>> And v4 isn't affected because...?  I'm going to guess that it's because
>> ARPs are broadcast rather than non-broadcast multicast - is that guess
>> correct?  (That is, is that the actual reason?)
>
>I'm not sure what's going on. I managed to build a test configuration
>that showed failure in both IPv4 and IPv6, but I don't know of any
>real world example of this problem where IPv4 fails.

There were some reports a few years ago of IPv4 broadcast packets
getting lost across a bridge.

I have been running with a local change to bridge that adds static
cache entries for each of the bridge members. I think it should help
with this, or at least shouldn't hurt anything.

Has your multicast fix for IPv6 been committed yet ?

Robert Swindells