Re: IPv6 task list

> I'm currently drafting a list of tasks that need to be done for the
> IPv6 stack in NetBSD.

> I would welcome feedback from everybody.

I don't know whether this is what you mean - indeed, I'm not certain
it's actually a fault in the v6 stack - but there's a v6-affecting
issue which has been bothering me for a while.

I have a machine with two interfaces (rtk0 and wm0 in my case - I don't
know whether that's relevant).  I create a bridge and put them in the
bridge.  I then configure both v4 and v6 on rtk0 and don't configure
anything on wm0 - all wm0 gets is "up".

A machine plugged into wm0 can then reach the v4 address just fine, but
fails when trying to reach the v6 address.

In my case, this is 4.0.1 amd64.  I haven't tried it on anything else;
there _might_ be nothing to do here (possibly excepting my backporting
changes).  But it sure looks to me like a bug; it certainly violates
the expectation that a bridge amounts to an in-machine network switch.

\ / Ribbon Campaign