Re: Using multiple interfaces (3+) causes intermittent system freezes on NetBSD 5.1_STABLE and later... [was: NetBSD 5 partly freezing, may be related to 802.1Q]

On Aug 15, 2012, at 2:32 PM, Greg Troxel wrote:

> I will try to dig it out reasonably quickly, but it's non-trivial and I
> can't publish the repository it's in.
>
> If your systems is running fine with 1 or 2 interfaces on the quad-port
> card, you are likely not having the problem the patch fixes.  The
> symptoms of the bug are that no packets can be received on an interface
> (because there are no mbufs on the receive ring, and none free), but the
> system mostly works otherwise.

To my surprise, the server got unresponsive again yesterday...(and it's
currently just using a single interface).
I applied your patch (thanks btw.) and rebooted the machine. I'll patch up the
other interfaces later today, to speed up the process of triggering the problem
we've been seeing...

Re,
/P