Re: On Proper E-Mail Usage (no longer: Re: hpn_buffer_size)

On 4/30/2012 9:58 AM, Gert Doering wrote:
On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 09:51:22AM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
[..]
What if your preferred user agent made it impossible to do inline
quotations (or, at least, as hard as it is to wrap text at 80 in
Mail.app), so if you used it it was much easier to top-post?  Would
you start top-posting on old Internet mailing lists, too?
[..]

while at the topic of "well-behaving on mailing lists"... reading the
From: and Subject:, I expected to be enlightened about buffer tuning
issues, high-performance SSH, and so on.

Absolutely-- talking about SSH HPN and network tuning sysctls had been my original intent.

Instead I read another sermon about use of mail clients, proper
formatting, and so on - which I can agree to, but which I'm not
interested in reading.

Would you, being so wisened in the use of e-mail and human communication,
please bother to change the Subject: line accordingly, then?

As I've said before, and to an individual CC:ed here: "Many folks are more apt to fault others than they are to fault themselves for the same error."

Well, Thor and Mouse, feel free to keep throwing stones if you like:
"though boys throw stones at the frogs in sport, the frogs die in earnest."

It seems explicit that some folks in the NetBSD community want me to leave, and I'll respect such wishes by unsubscribing from these lists.

So long, and thanks for all the fish...

Regards,
--
-Chuck