Re: apparently missing locking in if_bnx.c

On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 13:59:01 -0500
Beverly Schwartz <bschwart%bbn.com@localhost> wrote:

> Got your patch.
>
> This change is allowing for very heavy usage on the bnx drivers with no
> problems.
>
> However, I tried the same test with wm drivers.  In that case, the kernel
> just freezes.  (I put your KASSERTs in wm_start.)  So there is a problem with
> the wm driver, it's just not the same thing.

It might or might not be related, but since network interface problems
are on topic, I also experienced issues with re(4) on both netbsd-6 and
-current; the details can be found in PR kern/45928.  There is nothing
in that driver that pretends to be MPSAFE though, and I've not found
mismatched spl(9) calls when I audited it the other day.
--
Matt