Re: How do I keep an inet6 address from being added to an interface?

On May 6, 2010, at 10:26 20AM, der Mouse wrote:

>> I've often wanted such a feature: a way to ensure that NetBSD's
>> kernel neither sends or acts on *any* packet received on certain
>> interfaces.
>
> I added a handful of interface flags to 1.4T, and one of them was
> BPFONLY; when set, packet reception short-circuits everything after
> bpf.  Not quite what you want, because it affects input only.

Right, but certainly a good step.  (Way back when, in the days of thick coax
and 15-pin drop cables to transceiver bricks, I *really* wanted to be sure that
a machine would *never* transmit.  After staring at the kernel for a while, I
decided to clip the transmit leads -- nothing else looked high-enough
assurance.)