tech-misc archive

Re: UFS dirent d_reclen

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 01:57:45PM -0400, Jan Schaumann wrote:
 > Your and mouse's emails helped me clarify the
 > difference between the dirent struct tied to the
 > directory as used internally versus what readdir(2)
 > returns (and which may then be aligned).

The ffs on-disk structure is "struct direct", not "struct dirent".

They are nearly the same (not an accident) and there are some unclean
legacy macros in some places that can be applied to either of the
types, but they're distinct things with distinct roles.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost