tech-misc archive

Re: where are fsck return values documented?

> They are documented now in fsck.8

Thank you for documenting these.

Now I noticed it reboots every time (per exit code 4 and rc.d/fsck script)
after MARKING FILE SYSTEM CLEAN with "Root filesystem was modified,
rebooting ..."

I don't recall it ever doing that before. I know it had option to reboot
before but I don't remember ever noticing that happening to me.

Something else change to cause this?

I see the new fsck man page says "and updating the mount was
unsuccessful". I just don't think I saw any indication of that -- or maybe
I don't know what that means.

Is this necessary? Why?

  Jeremy C. Reed