tech-kern archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: NetBSD 11/Xen does not like many CPUs



On 03.10 10:56, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Sat, Oct 03, 2026 at 12:17:37AM +0300, Staffan Thomen wrote:
[   1.0000030] panic: pirq 4991 out of bound, increase NR_PIRQS
[...]
It's not a super big deal, but I wanted to make it known I bumped
into a panic.

Yes it's a known issue

Very good :-)

Additionally I noticed that with netbsd-11 I can no longer use TOOLDIR=.../
tools-${MACHINE} as configure injects MACHINE=xen before the template
in the kernel Makefile making it expand to .../tools-xen. It seems
wrong to me that MACHINE would be set by anything in the build.

Actually it's OK, see "OPTIONS SELECTION" in config(5)

Maybe you want to use ${ARCH} instead of ${MACHINE} ?

Hmm, ${ARCH} expands to nothing, ${MACHINE_ARCH} expands to x86_64 which
I guess is okay. I suppose I was mostly surprised that MACHINE got
changed under my feet.

Thanks!

Staffan

Attachment: OpenPGP_signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature



Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index