tech-kern archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: Peculiar audio behaviour (9.1)



On Fri, 2 Oct 2026, Mouse wrote:

In connection to what Brian Buhrow mentioned, I notice that under 10.1
there are two audio instances, audio0 from hdaudio0 (via hdafg0) and
audio1 from uaudio0.

Hm, I'll have to experiment to see what drives the audio jack.


It'll be the wonky USB audio, I think--audio1. `audio0' is the HDMI which'll
work because there're no issues to be seen with either the hdaudio(4) driver
or with i915drmkms.

From the dmesg on the new HW (both in 9.1 and 10.1):

```
uhidev3: CSCTEK (0x0573) USB Audio and HID (0x1573), rev 2.00/80.07, addr 4, iclass 3/0
uhidev3: autoconfiguration error: no input interrupt endpoint
```

So I don't know if `audio1' will work in 10.1 either. FreeBSD also seems to have
issues with CSCTEK USB audio:

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/any-reason-this-minipc-wouldnt-run-freedsd-flawlessly.92777/post-648332

Caveat emptor!

-RVP


Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index