Re: Can version bump up to 9.99.100?

On Fri, 16 Sep 2022, Robert Elz wrote:

   Date:        Fri, 16 Sep 2022 11:10:30 +0900
   From:        Kengo NAKAHARA <k-nakahara%iij.ad.jp@localhost>

 | Hmm, I will test kernel module building before commit.

Sorry, I wasn't clear - I build everything (modules included) - I just
never actually load any modules, so I haven't tested them (my kernels have
the MODULAR option disabled).   I cannot imagine an issue, as internally
everything just uses __NetBSD_Version__ as a 32 bit (ordered) blob - the
breakdown into 9.99.100 type strings is just for us humans (and pkgsrc).

Not entirely true.

The human-oriented version is used as part of the path to modules
directory.  Need to make sure that the modules set is properly
populated, and that module loads find them in the directory.

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:    |
| (Retired)          | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul%whooppee.com@localhost    |
| Software Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%netbsd.org@localhost  |
| & Network Engineer |                          | pgoyette99%gmail.com@localhost |