Re: Can version bump up to 9.99.100?

Hi,

Thank you for your detailed comments!

On 2022/09/15 20:09, Robert Elz wrote:
     Date:        Thu, 15 Sep 2022 17:08:52 +0900
     From:        Kengo NAKAHARA <k-nakahara%iij.ad.jp@localhost>

   | Can version bump up to 9.99.100?  Is there anything wrong?

It can.   There are no issues with the base system (incl xsrc)
I have tested this in the past, it all just works - and that we
were going to need it sometime before the -10 branch has been
obvious for a while.

Two things I did not test were kernel modules (since I never use
them) which I highly doubt will give any problem, and should be
a trivial fix in the unlikely event there is an issue;

Hmm, I will test kernel module building before commit.

And pkgsrc, because when I tested I needed to revert to the then
current version number (.97 at the time I think), and that reversion
would do things to some pkgsrc version numbers that it should not
be required to deal with.

I don't have enough of a handle on the latter to guess, but if
something in pkgsrc breaks, this will provide the motivation to fix
it, which otherwise might never happen.  In case any change is
required to the parts of it in base, getting that done before the
-10 branch would be good.

So just do it.

I see.  I will commit it early next week.

Thanks,

Internet Initiative Japan Inc.

Device Engineering Section,
Product Division,