Re: Virtio Viocon driver - possible to backport from OpenBSD?

On Thu, Aug 04, 2022 at 09:53:25PM +0200, Matthias Petermann wrote:
> https://man.openbsd.org/virtio.4
>
> the OpenBSD virtio driver has its origin in NetBSD. Viocon Support was added
> later and not ported back yet. I am wondering how much effort it would take
> to merge it from
>
> https://cvsweb.openbsd.org/src/sys/dev/pv/viocon.c?rev=1.8&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
>
> This would help to run netbsd on qemu without VGA Emulation which seems to
> become the default for some cloud environments.

I always use `serial` console for my Qemu hacking but if some cloud
environments rather have viocon's it seems like a sound idea. AFAIK its not
that hard and was on my TODO list when I worked on virtio but it got
sidetracked by other work.

I am currently working on something completely different but might take a
peek but feel free to try :)

With regards,
Reinoud