Re: userconf question

On Fri, Aug 05, 2022 at 07:35:17 +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:

> menu=Boot normally:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot
> menu=Drop to boot prompt:prompt
> default=1
> timeout=3
> userconf=disable atabus0
> clear=1
>
> But atabus0 is still configured, and wd0 still breaks the boot with
> tumeouts. What is wrong with the above userconf syntax?

I have very vague memories of userconf, but does your kernel config
have explicit atabus0 or catch-all atabus*?  IIRC, userconf does not
operate on devices (e.g. atabus0 as instantiated from atabus*), but on
the configured attachments (i.e. you can only disable atabus0 if you
have that line in the config).

-uwe