Re: I'm looking for some NVMM developer who wants to join a special group for improving qemu and nvmm

Hi Mario,

On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 11:05:54PM +0100, Mario Marietto wrote:
> I'm trying to create a small group of developers to work on adding the VT-D
> support for NVMM. I would like to create a mixed group : a bhyve
> developer,a DFLY developer and a NetBSD developer,since the NVMM code is
> shared between DFLY and NetBSD and Corvin,a Bhyve developer has a deep
> knowledge of bhyve and can learn and help. For the moment I've asked Corvin
> and Aaron. Does anyone else want to join ? Or do you know some other
> developer that wants to join the project ? We could start to work
> together,trying to fix this bug :
>
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-bugs/2022/01/11/msg074018.html
>
> and then we can start to plan how to add the VT-d support for NVMM.

I've worked on the userland library in the past and patched Qemu so I might be
suitable though I am not that familiar with the amd64 specifics. You could
also ask nia%NetBSD.org@localhost and kamil@NetBSD for joining. Kamil is coauthor of the
original code so even if he can't manage to make time free for the project he
could give helpful feedback.

With regards,
Reinoud