Regulator

Hello

I am still working on Goodix touchpanel as told in [1] and [2]. I
wrote a driver for the Intel GPIO chip that interfaces with Goodix
chipreset and interrupt pins. I have not committed yet, because it
remains untested.

There is another readblock. The Linux driver for Goodix touchpanel
uses a beast called regulator, which seems to control the chip
power supply:
        ts->avdd28 = devm_regulator_get(dev, "AVDD28");
(...)
        ts->vddio = devm_regulator_get(dev, "VDDIO");
(...)
        /* power up the controller */
        error = regulator_enable(ts->avdd28);
(...)
        error = regulator_enable(ts->vddio);

Is it another chip that neds another driver? Or a feature of the
Goodix chip?  What support do we have for thins kind of thing?
grep -r regulator returns manu hits in src/sys/dev/i2c and
src/sys/dev/fdt but we do not have any generic API for that, right?

[1] http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2021/12/11/msg027852.html
[2] http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2021/12/18/msg027861.html
--
Emmanuel Dreyfus