Re: Regulator

> On Jan 12, 2022, at 9:17 AM, Jason Thorpe <thorpej%me.com@localhost> wrote:
>
>> Both lima and panfrost need to make calls to the regulator API, as well
>> as clock, reset and interrupt ones.
>
> Lima will probably be fine because the platforms that need it will use FDT.  Except for if you're using that board with ACPI, I guess.  Same situation with resets.  Interrupts are another story and a bit more complicated.

"Resets" is also a little more complicated, because there are two kinds on the Device Tree bindings universe:

- Reset Controllers (which use the "Reset" bindings)

- Reset GPIOs (which use the "GPIO" bindings)

Our FDT GPIO and generic GPIO interfaces are in need of harmonizing, and I've been thinking about that lately, so hopefully will have some bandwidth to make progress on that front in the coming months.

-- thorpej