Re: Regulator

Taylor R Campbell <campbell+netbsd-tech-kern%mumble.net@localhost> wrote:
> Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 15:42:17 +0000
>> From: Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost>
>>
>> I'm guessing this is a platform that doesn't use FDT.
>>
>> Maybe we need a more general API for regulators.
>
>What other instances would a more general API cover?  Is there some
>ACPI interface for regulators?

Don't know, somebody could look at what the Linux API covers.

Could also look at doing clocks, resets and interrupts.

>> The current situation causes a fair bit of "#ifdef FDT" in the drm
>> compat code.
>
>I count 1:
>
>Am I missing some?

sys/external/bsd/drm2/include/linux/clk.h

I didn't say they were all in the tree right now, I also have them in
interrupt.h and reset.h in my local working copy.

If you want this kind of thing done in a different way then say what it
should be.

>There's also one in linux/clk.h, for clocks, and two in nouveau_pci.c
>and radeon_pci.c, for kicking out the FBT framebuffer; these don't
>appear to be relevant to regulators.

Both lima and panfrost need to make calls to the regulator API, as well
as clock, reset and interrupt ones.