Re: Regulator

> On Jan 12, 2022, at 9:12 AM, Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost> wrote:
>

> Taylor R Campbell <campbell+netbsd-tech-kern%mumble.net@localhost> wrote:
>> Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 15:42:17 +0000
>>> From: Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost>
>>>
>>> I'm guessing this is a platform that doesn't use FDT.
>>>
>>> Maybe we need a more general API for regulators.
>>
>> What other instances would a more general API cover?  Is there some
>> ACPI interface for regulators?
>
> Don't know, somebody could look at what the Linux API covers.
>
> Could also look at doing clocks, resets and interrupts.

We have one for clocks, but the only way to acquire a clock handle is via FDT at the moment.

> Both lima and panfrost need to make calls to the regulator API, as well
> as clock, reset and interrupt ones.

Lima will probably be fine because the platforms that need it will use FDT.  Except for if you're using that board with ACPI, I guess.  Same situation with resets.  Interrupts are another story and a bit more complicated.

-- thorpej