Re: CVS commit: src/external/gpl3/gcc/dist/gcc/config/aarch64

On 2020/10/15 16:12, matthew green wrote:
Martin Husemann writes:
On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 05:28:12PM +1100, matthew green wrote:
you could try reverting most of our changes to this file and
making sure you run with /proc mounted -o linux.  ryo@ recently
added additional /proc/cpuinfo support that should make this
just work with the upstream version, but i haven't had chance
to update and see if this is the case.

I've confirmed that -mtune=native works fine at least for A53,
even if all the local changes to driver-aarch64.c is reverted.
I will commit it soon.

If we go this route, we should make the relevant procfs nodes independent
of -o linux.

that would be fine by me.

Nowadays, -o linux is turned on by default (unless nolinux is
specified explicitly). Still, native apps probably should not
depend on it.

This needs MI changes to procfs, not MD to aarch64. Should we
enable /proc/cpuinfo unconditionally?

i had to write the netbsd version of that code twice so far.
once for gcc 8.3 and 8.4, once for gcc 8.5 and 9.3, and i'd
really rather avoid having to write another version :)

Oh... Thank you very much for your hard works!

Thanks,
rin