Re: Proposal, again: Disable autoload of compat_xyz modules

>> So why the hell are you throwing in statements like
>>> immense trouble for little actual use.
> Because this is true!  Do you understand, or not?  Pfff.

It's not me you were responding to here.  But you appear to be falling
into a relatively common trap: operating from the assumption that you
are entirely correct and that your underlying assumptions are
universally true, and that therefore anyone who disagrees with you must
not understand what you are saying.

I understand what you are claiming.  I think most of us do.  I simply
disagree with some of it and see you as having failed to present a good
case for most of the rest.  Repeating your unsubstantiated claims -
such as the one that you readily admitted was unsubstantiated when I
called you on it - is not going to convince anyone of anything,
possibly excepting that you have such a weak point that you have to
resort to appeals to emotion rather than actual technical arguments to
support it.

> You are not worth my time.

And you're now resorting to...well, it's not a classic ad hominem, but
it's pretty close.  (It's not any individual that should be "worth
[your] time" or not, but rather the arguments presented.)  Your
arguments are convincing, but what they are convincing me, for one, of
is not what you appear to want to convince people of.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign