Re: Removing PF

On Sun, 14 Apr 2019, John D. Baker wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Apr 2019, Mindaugas Rasiukevicius wrote:
>
> > "John D. Baker" <jdbaker%consolidated.net@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > > So, I suppose the issue is that although the interface will have
> > > multiple addresses, I wish to treat each address independenly, but
> > > need to do so symbolically as (at least one of) the exact addresses
> > > cannot be known ahead of time or guaranteed to be current.
> >
> > Would it help if you could apply a filter to the dynamic address list,
> > e.g. ifaddrs(netif0, 10.0.0.0/8) or ifaddrs(netif0, ! 10.0.0.0/8)?  The
> > latter would include all addresses which are not in the 10/8 network.
>
> That might work.  There are at least 2 disparate subnets from which my
> ISP may assign addresses, so I'd either need multiple filters (or filter

Now that I think about it, the "ifaddrs(netif0, ! net/mask)" form would
solve the problem best for me as it would elide any secondary address
which I'd have statically assigned anyway, leaving only the ISP-assigned
address regardless of which pool from which it was drawn.

It also alleviates the need to do extra interface/address manipulation
in the dhcpcd exit-hook script as the position of the address in the
list is no-longer critical.

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD