Re: Is IPF maintained?

EF> Because anyone close to a maintainer would have pulled up kern/52469 to -7.
MB> That would be more the commiter's job. But if someone can test a patch,
MB> I can look at it.
There's a patch in the PR that only needs to be pulled up. In fact, I'm running
that patch on -6 (and it has been pulled up to -8).

EF> Because anyone close to a maintainer would have answered kern/52471.
MB> Really, there is little information in this PR. I guess nobody tried
MB> to guess what the author means (I certainly wont).
For the record, the text (with a typo corrected) is:
	Even if using a gateway route, ipf_fastroute6() calls
	nd6_output()/ip6_if_output() with ifp == origfp. Is that correct?
I would expect that a maintainer, understanding the inner workings, would
easily be able to answer such a question.

> I didn't play much with ipftest. But in any case this doesn't prevent
> using ipf
It doesn't prevent ipf usage, but it makes it substantially harder. I can
only test my rule changes by deploying them, potentionally either
interrupting 150 people's work or opening a hole.

> that's an annoyance, but it doens't prevent using it
Right, but I would have expected a maintainer to fix it.