Is IPF maintained? (was: Removing PF)

> What makes you think there are not maintainers of ipf?
> Because there's not been any commits for some time?
Because anyone close to a maintainer would have pulled up kern/52469 to -7.
Because anyone close to a maintainer would have answered kern/52471.

> Actually I'm not aware of show-stopper bugs in ipf, and I run several servers
> (netbsd-8) facing internet, with ipv6 and quite a bit of traffic.
So, with -8, you at least have the fix to kern/52469.

I don't know about the version in -8, but (from memory)
-- ipftest doesn't correctly reflect the real behaviour
-- rule numbers in ipfstat sometimes don't match
-- keep state doesn't work with ICMP6
-- lots of other things I don't remember

No, there are nor PRs (from me) for those issues. I something that panics
your kernel doesn't get pulled up, there's probably no point in filing PRs.