Re: Removing PF

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 10:38:21AM +0100, Maxime Villard wrote:
> > Ah, silly me, too abstract. Do you really believe the maintainers
> > of ipf and npf would give up their projects to work on pf ?
>
> Ah because there are maintainers of ipf? There is _no_ maintainer of ipf
> whatsoever. Do you understand, or not? Give me a list of people who maintain
> ipf. Just like, give me a list of people who maintain pf in NetBSD.

What makes you think there are not maintainers of ipf ? Because there's
not been any commits for some time ?
Actually I'm not aware of show-stopper bugs in ipf, and I run several servers
(netbsd-8) facing internet, with ipv6 and quite a bit of traffic. No
problems with ipf AFAIK. the tools could be a bit smarter with ipv6
rules and I intend to look at this, but it's not a big deal for daily use.