Re: ddb input via IPMI virtual console

>> how about using a serial console in the kernel and then using
>> ipmitool to talk to DDB when/if the machine goes down?
> I don't have a serial wire through the firewall.

You have a multiconductor cable; while it's intended for PS/2, if it
has at least three conductors (which I believe PS/2 does), it can be
used perfectly well as a serial line.  You'll need adaptors on the ends
of the cable, but they need be only passive adaptors.  RS-232 is
ridiculously tolerant of layer-1 issues.

Unless the insulation is rated for only 6V or something, which strikes
me as unlikely enough that I wouldn't even bother checking if it were
me in that situation.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign